When I saw this topic I was pretty nervous about writing it down. Of course I have dreams and ambitions, but I wouldn’t say they are typical of every person who would share their list with you.
I always think of a bucket list as being a list of adrenaline pumping adventures set at the edge of the world, like something out of a story book. I was so hesitant to write this today because I think my list is quite plain and boring compared to many that I’ve come accross.
But when I really started to think about it I realised that the true beauty of a bucket list is the fact that it is so personal to the individual who wrote it. My dreams may be completely different to the next person, and that’s what makes them so interesting and inspiring. We are all individuals, and although my bucket list might not be everyone’s cup of tea the fact of the matter is there will be someone out there (no matter how far away) who will completely relate to this. Or there might even be someone who discovers ideas that they’d never dreamed up before, and that being the case their list could grow a couple of points longer. With that firmly in my mind I decided to buck up my ideas. So here it is.
My Bucket List
- Stay in the Burj Al Arab – Dubai. I have already visited the Burj, stayed at Atlantis on the palm and in the hotel opposite Jumerih Beach. But the Burj was so spectacular I’d simply love to stay there for a few nights just to get a taste of the high life. Of course this is well out of my price range so it is also on my list of “things to do if I win the lottery!”
- Climb the Half Dome at Yosemite National Park. Since starting my current job as a Content Administrator for a company that sells outdoor gear brands I have discovered an underlying thirst for adventure and the beauty of nature. Yosemite National Park is a place that I’ve read about many times in the chronociles of popular sportsmen and women. They describe it as a place of completely dumbfounding natural beauty, and I know that the guided walk up one face of the Half Dome is well within my abilities.
- Buy a pair of Christian Louboutins. As shallow as it may sound to some, I’ve always loved the idea of owning a pair of designer heels. Like many young ladies Louboutins are my absolute favourite, but they are slightly out of my price range right now!
- Learn to mush. This might sound strange to some of you but I’d really love to give urban mushing a go. I think Yogi would love it once he understood what was going on, after all it is in his breed, and it could be a really good way for him to run off some extra steam.
- Create my own brand. Since being diagnosed with my allergies it has always been a huge dream of mine to create my own beauty, skincare and haircare brand. I’d ensure everything was hypoallergenic, fragrance free and cruelty free.
- Get married. You might read this and think how very boring of me. But it’s true, I’d love to get married one day. I don’t know whether I’ve had it drummed into me through social conditioning or I’ve just enjoyed myself so much at every wedding I’ve been to, but there’s something so magical and exciting about it to me. I’d love to do something completely different. Run away somewhere and elope, an intimate ceremony with just a few very special people there. I’d love to show people how beautiful a small wedding can be.
- Rescue a dog. No, we didn’t rescue Yogi. Which really is rather odd as I’m normally a real advocate of ‘adopt don’t shop.’ That being said if I could go back I wouldn’t change a thing but I’d really love to adopt some day.
- Pay for my Mum to go on an adventure. My Mum is the most hardworking, kind, giving and beautiful person I know. I’ll never be able to tell her that enough. Over the years she has worked tirelessly to ensure that me and my sister have had everything we ever wanted. As I’ve grown I’ve noticed this more and more, and I really don’t think she recieves enough appreciation for it. She’s retiring this December and I worry that she won’t be able to have all the things she ever wanted. One day I’d like to send her on a round the world trip, all expenses paid for.
So there you have a few items from my bucket list. I hope you enjoyed it and you don’t think I’m boring now! What’s an item from your bucket list?